Friday, December 18, 2009

four month-aversary


Another month (and 6 days) has passed and, though I thought he had not grown much, the proof is in the pictures.





His four month check up found him at 16lb 10oz (85th percentile) and 25 3/4inches (50th percentile!!!). I was pleased to see he is gaining inches and not just around the middle. Danny doubts that I was actually holding Nathan's head flush against the wall for the measurement. I assure you I was. But if you were there you would have heard me gently coaxing the nurse, instructing her to pull a little harder on his feet while I held his head against the wall. So even if he didn't come into the office 25 and 3/4 inches, he left that way and that's what counts.

So what is Nathan "Cheeks" Linn doing at four months?

~Successfully reaching for anything in view.
~Standing any chance he gets. You can't get the child to sit down. That might be because he is so thick around the middle, but if he's anything like his momma, he won't ever really want to sit down.
~Finishes each meal in 15 minutes or less.
~Sleeping through the night still...let's keep it that way.
~Smiling all the time and once in a while we can get a laugh out of him.
~Playing with his feet.
~Enjoying the excer-saucer and, my personal favorite, the door way jump-and-go.
~"Talking" and moving his mouth to mimic momma.
~Staying awake 2 hours between naps! HORRAY!!!

He isn't rolling over yet, but the doctor said that is normal for a baby "his size." I guess that makes sense. My sweet Moon Pie.

The past four months have flown by. We do this two more times and he'll be a year old. Isn't there a pause button on these things!?

1 comment:

WoRds/WoNDer said...

He's so cute! Love the "Cheeks" nickname :)

Post a Comment