Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Peas!

So Nathan "Cheeks" Linn really didn't need to start eating solids. He is not caloric-ly deprived in any way, sleeps 13 hours a night and enjoys his fill of rich milk 5 times a day. But he does seem to be captivated by food (who can blame him, really). He stares intently as I take bites of banana or sandwich, tries to drink out of my straw and mimics my chewing with great skill. On Christmas day we let him suck on a piece of pear--it was Christmas after all--and he was so fixated on it that, upon throwing the nawed and nasty piece to the dogs, he turned beet red and wailed for more. And Nathan never cries.

So I took advantage of the savings at Buy Buy Baby the other day and picked up a pack of organic sweet peas, 50% off. I figured peas were a nice blend of carb and veggie and something that wouldn't give him really high standards for what he would put in his mouth. Note: I am not sure that peas are really the recommended first food, and do not therefore recommend this be tried at home. But moms are supposed to make mistakes now and then. It must be somewhere in our job description.

Of course we got footage of this momentous occasion. My family in Colorado was watching via Skype (they just happened to call as I was preparing the peas, so we invited them to the party) so the cinematography had to adapt. I feel that Danny did a fabulous job as Lead Cameraman, despite my slightly frazzled comments about half-way through. Enjoy!

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

The little man likes his peas!!

Post a Comment