Friday, February 19, 2010

uh...yeah. we're in the Rockies!



Danny has been back at the hospital for a month and a half following three wonderful months on research. He gets up around 5am (sometimes earlier) and he hasn't come home this week before 11pm. Needless to say, we really needed some time together. Nathan sees the bagger at the grocery store more than Danny, and I think he is starting to wonder.

So last week we flew to Colorado to visit the Macmani (and a Pietz), go skiing and enjoy some much needed time as a family. Big sister Margot had to stay behind this time, but don't feel too sorry for her. She played with her four-legged friends all week and even got to make snow angels in the 5 inches of snow that surprised Augusta.

While we were in Denver, Nathan impressed us all with his newest skill--sitting up. I have mostly the cloth diapers to thank as they provided just enough weight and stability to get him acquainted with this new position. Eliot loved having a new friend, but he couldn't understand why he wouldn't play fetch.





Papa and Boo/Nana/Nini/Mimi/Gramma watched Nathan on Friday so Danny and I could go skiing in the mountains. It was beautiful! Fresh snow and no lift lines. Flying down the mountain felt sooo good. I'll leave out the part about how old it made me feel when my joints started aching and how I almost died...twice. I'll also leave out the part about Danny searching high and low for a fanny pack to wear. I figured the hat he had to wear was enough.



And for Valentine's Day? Danny gave me a Mommy Makeover! A whole day for my mom and me to get a mani-pedi and go shopping for a new purse and shoes. I even got a haircut to complete the transformation. Excuse the facial expression, please. I don't do well with haircuts and was still coping with the loss.





Thank the Lord for a little time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment