Wednesday, October 14, 2009

making the rounds



It has been a while since I last posted, but I will try to keep it short and sweet. A lot has happened in the last two weeks, though!

Our little road trip was a success. Nathan basically slept the whole way. He ate when we stopped for gas, looked out the window for a little while then fell right back to sleep. What a trooper! In Memphis, Nathan met his Aunt Kelly, Uncle Sam and two Great grandparents for the first time. It was such a blessing to see Papa Howard and Nana Phyllis holding him.


We attended Danny's reunion events, ate some Memphis barbeque and got to watch Joey and Peter play football. Nathan was so proud of his uncles!


My Grandma also got to see Nathan. He was her 80th birthday present. It had been 3 years since we had seen the family, so we really enjoyed our brief visit.


On the way home we stopped in Birmingham to visit Wendy, one of my roommates from college. It is a great half-way point between Memphis and Augusta. We always have such a wonderful time eating at Taziki's, watching movies and sitting around talking. It is so relaxing and was a perfect end to our week away.


On Sunday, Nathan celebrated his 2 month-a-versary. I cannot believe how much he has grown. He seems enormous to me. Here are some of his accomplishments this month:

-Smiles upon smiles!
-Follows an object 180 degrees
-An ever-increasing fondness for his thumb.
-A record 7 consecutive hours of sleep. I happened only once, but now we know it is possible.
-Holds his head up and bears weight on his legs.
-Dirty diapers only every few days. A far cry from the previous 8x a day!

He loves to stare at the fan, windows and anything with light. He is such a happy baby, only getting fussy in the evening. He eats with gusto and is really packing on the pounds! At our doctor's appointment today he weighed 13lb 4oz and measured 22.25inches. I would like to mention that this is 90th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height. I think he's just building a good foundation.



I cannot believe it has been two months. Nathan, each day I love you more! You have my heart, little buddy!

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Wow...I can't stop thinking how much N looks like Danny! It's good to hear that all your adventures have been smooth...traveling with a baby can be stressful! Much love and hugs :).

Post a Comment