Tuesday, September 29, 2009

you're never fully dressed...

Two more days before we leave for Memphis. I am quite apprehensive about the nine hour drive (which will certainly end up being at least 11 due to feedings and such). Nathan does very well in his car seat and sleeps when we drive, but that has never been for more than thirty minutes. I'm considering leaving Augusta after the 2am feeding (since I have such a difficult time falling back to sleep anyway), and hopefully that would let Nathan sleep the longest.



We are going to Memphis for Danny's high school reunion . Two of Danny's [five] brothers play football for the school, so we will get to watch their games. I made a little onesie for Nathan to wear in the bleachers. We will also be going to a couple of events for the 1999 alumni. We will get to see some of Danny's classmates and their growing families. I know it will be fun, but I am struggling just a little with the fact that I don't look quite like I used to and thus have very few clothes that fit. I'm trying to remember that "it's what you wear from ear to ear and not from head to toe that matters." And I have an amazingly adorable seven-week old accessory to distract from my otherwise homely appearance.







It is such good timing to see family because Nathan's smile is shining brighter every day. I attempted to capture it this week, but as soon as his eyes start to squint and that little mouth opens I forget about everything else in the world just to revel in joy in its most purest form. The few shots I got are mostly at the end of the smile, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Lauren Gyorfi said...

The first time we traveled to visit my family I was apprehensive about how Caleb would do. He, like Nathan, loves to sleep in his car seat. He slept almost the entire drive, only waking up when we slowed down or made a stop. THen I was worried he wouldn't sleep at night but he kept to his same routine. I'm sure Nathan will do great. About your looks. I've seen the pictures you've posted online and if anything I think you'll get comments about how people can't believe you just gave birth.

Post a Comment