Friday, September 11, 2009

one month



Today Nathan is one month old. It is amazing to look back and see how much we have both grown. I continue to learn more every day about patience and peace and how to spend hours talking to an infant. I know that each day is different from the one before, for better or for worse. Danny and I have come to rely on one another without words and to trust in eachother's love when time doesn't allow abundant signs of it.

Of course Nathan has grown immensely, too! He has gained over two pounds (mostly in his head, I think), and grew an inch (though he is still pretty short). He can turn his head from side to side when laying on his belly. He sleeps 5-6 hours at night and during the day he stays awake for about 1hr and 15minutes after a feeding to play and study the world. He has even learned to put himself to sleep (a skill I am now having to relearn). He no longer fits in the newborn diapers sent home with us from the hospital (and I have stains on my shirt to prove it). And as of this week I kissed his first tear and gave his beautiful new belly button its first zerbert. As his sweet gray-blue eyes stare at my face, I don't want to imagine what the next few months hold. I just want to stare right back.

It has been an amazing month. Happy 1 month birthday, sweet Nathan!


a peek through the crib at my little angel sleeping.


look at that amazing neck strength! good work, buddy!


a close-up of the newest Linn button!


a little something we like to call "naked butt time."


the latest nap-time position.

1 comment:

WoRds/WoNDer said...

too cute! open butt time is important!

Post a Comment