Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nathan's First Bath


This week Nathan had his first bath. And he LOVED it! Even though his cord fell off late last week, Daddy wanted very badly to be there for the first bath. He doesn't make it home in time to see Nathan awake, so we had to wait until this weekend to try out the bathtub. After a good long walk, we stripped a very fussy Nathan down to his birthday suit and set him in the water. Instantly he calmed down and became very interesting in his surroundings. We let him play around for about 5 minutes before washing him and taking him out (it's amazing how quickly the water cools in those little tubs!). He was horrified that we cut his bath time so short and quickly returned to his pre-bath emotional state. Just in time for bed.




"You are going to do what with these pictures?!"



In other news, my sister Elsah will be coming to town this week, and we are very excited. She gets to stay for a week. It will be wonderful to have some adult companionship during the day and another set of hands around the house. Maybe I'll even make dinner and wash the floors this week! I watch mothers with multiple children and wonder how they manage. I realize this is the easiest time of my life--it only gets more complicated--and I still struggle to get things done each day. I am grateful that this is all that is required of me for now.

1 comment:

Post a Comment