Monday, November 16, 2009

a great weekend

This past week was one of the most stressful for me yet. Silly challenges of motherhood made me crazy until about Friday. Nathan was only napping 30-40 minutes and that was only after crying for just as long. I tried so hard to do everything I had read, but he would just grow more and more tired until he was a basket case by the end of the day. Thankfully he is sleeping well at night, but the days were just wearing me out! I felt like Nathan was looking at me saying, "why can't you just figure it out!" But I know he is more gracious than that.

One of the best things about babies is that when things are really tough you can be assured that in a few days, they will change! And it has. I don't know if he just remembered how to fall asleep or if I got better at soothing. Either way, I am grateful that we have passed another challenge without eating all the peanut butter in the pantry.

When Friday came, we were ready for some fun. To kickoff the weekend, we went on a lizard hunt. I don't know how he made it in the house, but Margot spotted a small lizard (gecko?) on the mantel. Nathan helped Daddy capture it in a cup so they could bring it back to the "wild." A great time was had by all!

he was quick and witty...he thought he outsmarted us by darting behind the bookshelf


but Nathan spotted him and Daddy came behind with the cup.

way to go, boys! (notice the lizard peering out over the rim)

Danny and I both had to work on Saturday, so Nathan spent his first day with a babysitter!!! I was so glad I did not have to be the one to drop him off...I could just pretend it wasn't happening.

We wrapped up the weekend with a wonderful morning at church and a walk in the 70 degree weather. Nathan looked so adorable for church that I had to post a picture (or two...or three). A friend gave us some of her old baby clothes, and deep inside was this itty-bitty tie. I couldn't resist!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Did the lizard not escape from the cup as Danny held it? --What a cute family! Meghan you look great! You don't look like you just had a baby! Also, your hair is soo long. It has obviously been a long time since I've seen you guys. (38 days til Christmas)

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I love your hair long...you look beautiful! And Nathan...oh my, the tie is over the top cute...he must have received many compliments at church :).

WoRds/WoNDer said...

Loving the lizard in the cup pic!

Post a Comment