Thursday, August 30, 2012

Three Monthaversary

My baby is three months old, an age when, to me, it seems they give more than they require. Miriam Ruth is without a doubt a giver. She sleeps like crazy (last night she went down a little after 8pm, woke to nurse at 7am, fell back asleep and didn't wake until noon). Now and then she needs some persuading to go to sleep, but I'll take it! She only fusses when she is tired, will sit in her stroller and avidly watch me help Nathan in the pool, and she looks cute in everything she wears!

She smiles constantly and just tonight started laughing while spending some face time (the old-fashioned kind) with Daddy.

Maizie loves sitting up right in the bumbo, a swing at the playground or in Nathan's lap. And she quite obviously prefers to face OUTWARD in the carrier. I am overjoyed that I decided on the Gemini instead of the Ergo...). But her favorite thing to do during playtime is rolling "back and foreth" as Nathan says. It is usually in order to follow Nathan resulting in enough flips and spins to make a play mat totally useless. Oh well.

Without further ado, the pictures...

Nathan saw his Ruthie (still "Rufie") in Pooh Corner, our reading spot, sat down with her and in his very high-pitched lovey dovey voice asked, "Do you want me to read to you, you precious thing?"

 



 Every time I would get her on her back for a picture, this would happen...




Finally, I got Nathan to distract her so I could get one quick shot!


Nathan didn't roll away from his pictures until 9 months!!


I have to apologize for the quality of the photos. My camera is old and sad and right now I would rather buy milk and flour and keep our house "nice and coolish" at 77 degrees than buy a new one. Maybe someday. I just pray my memories aren't of a hazy Maizie (hehe).



And, of course, my Bean.



No comments:

Post a Comment