Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First the Chickens, then the Egg

When I returned from the beach last Sunday, I found one small brown egg sitting in my refrigerator. Every day since then Oprah (the australorp) has given us one, ever larger brown egg. What fun!



I finally cracked one open and gave it a try last weekend.


My mom encouraged me to try it plain--no salt, no butter, no nothin'. And it was amazing! So rich! So delicious! I am convinced that people only started adding butter and cheese when the eggs they were eating were no longer truly fresh. You can totally taste the difference (and I am NOT and egg connoisseur).


(coincidence that I look like a chicken here? I think not.)

So what does Nathan think? Compared to his first encounter with scrambled eggs, I'd say we're getting closer. Maybe.


Only one chicken is laying, and already we have a surplus of eggs. So this is what I'm bringing to bible study tomorrow only this time I'll make it with fresh, golden yolk, organic brown eggs straight from my back yard!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed. AND I love your little blue porcelain egg holder - I know it probably has a fancy name. I had an amazing spinach and bacon souffle at Panera this week. Even I'm inspired (without the chickens)!

Post a Comment