Sunday, September 26, 2010

wow, where do I begin...Nathan turns ONE!

Way back in August, when it was officially summer and it was really hot (not just low 90's like it is now that it is autumn), my baby had his first birthday. Somewhere in the midst of my sister getting married and all of the craziness that comes with a new school year, I ran out of time to post pictures and tell wonderful stories. So here are some memories of the sweet boy's big day.

Papa Macmanus hand crafted this amazing rocking chair. Uncle Jordan designed the N. Papa brought it to Augusta in a box on the plane and assembled it once he got here. Nathan loved it! It was even more special because his momma has one just like it with a heart in it.


Papa Linn hand crafted this beautiful bench/work table. Now Nathan can work right next to me in the kitchen and store all of his work toys in the shelf below. Nathan loved it especially because his daddy had one just like it when he was little. What handy grandies Nathan has!


After nap time, Nathan awoke to a party to celebrate his best year yet! The party was "Brought to you by the letter N" so N's were everywhere.

Danny organized the favors going up the stairs

the cake

the birthday boy!


our wonderful friends and family


the kids made life-size self portraits and decorated them. It was so fun to watch them get so excited about being crafty and creative.


Nathan's crazy-looking smash cake and the "N" cake


It was hard to cut into that cake after spending so much time on it!


Nathan is so excited for his first bite of cake! Look at those chubby little thighs!


After mom's freak-out moment, Nathan was allowed to have at it. I'm still trying to convince myself that you can't choke on ice cream.


He needed a little help breaking in to the cake, but he quickly got the hang of it.




He just kept going and going...




friends stuck around until after 7pm, chasing the chickens, playing in the sprinkler and pool and having a lot of fun.

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Are you for hire? I think I need you to come plan my childrens' future b-day parties :). The cake looks awesome...I am so impressed!!

Post a Comment