Friday, July 24, 2009

36 weeks!

So I have not exactly been faithful in posting, but I'm back for the home stretch. The last few weeks have brought a lot of change and excitement, thought not exactly as I had planned.

We have had two amazing baby showers to celebrate Bun. I feel so loved a supported by my friends in Augusta it is overwhelming. My mom was able to fly out for the shower hosted by my Sunday School. It was great to have her around to experience my expansiveness and help me prepare for baby. We had a wonderful few days together.

I had my 35 week OB visit while she was here. As confirmed by the 32 week ultrasound, Bun is still breech. I was sure of it because I can constantly feel that sweet baby's occipital protuberance (that knob on the back of your head) like a bruise on my belly. Since I have been contracting pretty regularly at work and working out, the doctor wanted to check my cervix a little early. My mom was a champ throughout this unexpected Southern exposure. The doctor said I was 1 cm dilated and soft (meaning it is ripe or ready to dilate). He also said that he could feel a foot. Less than exciting news, though entirely expected.

My next appointment is Monday the 27th. We will then be able to determine if we will need to schedule a C-section or try to flip the baby (called a version). I was hoping it would not come to this. In some ways I believe that if the baby is meant to be vertex, the Lord will get it there. Otherwise, there may be a reason the baby is breech. But on the other hand, perhaps the Lord would use the version to get the baby where He intends it to be. This may sound like a silly struggle to many. Perhaps it is just the position I am in or hormones or something. I just want to make the right choice. I am learning through all of this to lay down my plans and intentions--something that is very hard for me to do.

So for all who are wondering, I should have a better estimate of when Bun will be here by Monday! For the most part I think everything else is as it should be (except for the bag to go to the hospital...hmmm). Diapers are washed, the bassinet is made up, and I feel totally clueless as to how to care for a baby.
Sounds like we are ready!

I had a dream last night that I woke up at home after my C-section and held the baby for a while. I then cleaned the house and went furniture shopping. After a while I realized that the baby was napping at home, and I had not fed it since it was delivered. I was thinking, "If I had only done scheduled feedings this wouldn't have happened!" For Bun's sake, lets pray I am a better mommy than that!

Bun weighs about almost 6 lbs now! That belly is really getting out there. I'd like to mention that this was post-eliptical after work on Wednesday night.

And thank you, sweet family, for sending me pictures for Bun's book. I finished making it on Tuesday, and I cannot wait to show Bun all the wonderful people he or she will have in his/her life! Here's just a sample. For the rest, you'll have to come visit!

1 comment:

Lauren Gyorfi said...

Your dream made me think of the story Paul's mom told me. She went to the grocery store after having Paul, only to realize she had left him at home sleeping. Hopefully you won't forget about your kid but if you do you won't be the first to make the slip.

Post a Comment