Friday, July 31, 2009

the count down

The big ultrasound was scheduled for today at 3pm. This US and exam would determine our next step--version or c-section. I never wanted it to come to this. I prayed and prayed this week that the Lord would make it abundantly clear to me what I was to do. Friday are not very busy days in Labor and Delivery (doctors don't love to round on the weekends so they don't usually schedule inductions for Fridays...can you blame them?). So I fully expected to have time to run upstairs for my appointment and scan this afternoon.

Then I saw the schedule. It was one of the busiest days all week...lots of labor and lots of sick pregos.

At about 8:30, my doctor walked by the desk to chat. He offered to take me upstairs right then (before the other doctors came to write orders and the day got crazy). So up we went!

So now for the update:
I am still dilating, now almost 2 cm. So all of my contractions are changing things, but slowly. The ultrasound revealed a beautiful little baby weighing (estimated) 6lb 2oz. The cord is all up around Bun's face and the amniotic fluid index is on the low side of normal. This is not a problem for the pregnancy, but is a problem for a version. All signs pointed to no version today, which I was grateful for. I already feel like some how I have not been dedicated enough or tried hard enough to turn this baby. But knowing that the cord could be compromised and that both feet are pretty well stuck in my cervix, I am sure that it is only by an act of God that this baby will turn. And I believe He may not even want that.

So we scheduled my C-section for the 11th of August. It still makes me a little sick to say it. I cannot believe I have to have a C-section. After such an amazing pregnancy, staying healthy and preparing for natural childbirth that THIS is the road I must take. Not to mention the frustration of having to choose my baby's birthday!

I will be 38.4 that day. Hopefully the baby will be ready. The doctor seems to think the baby will likely come before the 11th, but I told him I preferred mine well done. I guess I will have to settle for medium rare.
sweet little hand waving at us! i cannot wait to kiss those little fingers!
see those lips? those are Danny's lips!!! and what a sweet nose!

3 comments:

Lauren Gyorfi said...

It's weird how quickly our ideas of what childbirth should look like are thrown out when we find out our little baby might be at risk of something negative. We'll keep praying for a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

Ben and Kristen said...

love the blog! glad i am able to keep up. everything for a reason, huh?

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Sweet Meghan...I will be praying every day from now until the 11th for you. Thanks for starting the blog to keep us all updated...I'll definitely be reading! Lots of love to you and Danny!

Post a Comment