Sunday, August 2, 2009

do i look ready?

As we count down the days, my emotions are a storm. I am so excited to see the baby, but I don't feel ready at all. Not only do I not feel ready to care for a baby, but I don't feel ready to say goodbye to pregnancy. It has been wonderful! I have not had any problems (other than constantly getting kicked in the crotch), I am still able to work out and do most of the things I am used to doing. It is a little hard to bend over and if I get stuck lying on my back I look like a little turtle trying to get right again. OK, maybe a not-so-little turtle. Otherwise, I could do this forever!

This being our last weekend together before the big day, we had quite a list of To Do's to accomplish. Danny took down all the vents, cleaned them with a toothbrush and 409'd the insides of the ducts. We cleaned out all the closets, bleached the tubs, got the video camera ready and started packing a bag. We made a final trip to Babies R' Us and then hung pictures in the nursery until 2:30am. I could still think of a million things we needed to do today. Thank God for the Sabbath. More to do tomorrow as I have only 4 more days off work before the baby.

I will miss being just Danny and me. I know that Bun will add more to our life than we could ever imagine, but it has been such an amazing 5 years growing in love. I have so many wonderful memories. It is hard to imagine we will never be just us again. I am so blessed to have such an incredible husband that I know will also make the most incredible dad.

Nine more days until this chapter of our life comes to a close. Wow.


Loving every last minute of it!

3 comments:

em and pete said...

You look beautiful! I am praying that everything with the delivery goes well! Can't wait to see pictures.

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

These last few days truly are so precious...and yet the changes to come will make you even more happy and even more in love with Danny.

Kristin said...

Ahh!!! I am so excited for you guys! We will be praying for all 3 of you! I am checking your blog every day and am thrilled to see Bun! Love you

Post a Comment