Monday, August 10, 2009

Rescue Bun Day

Please join us in celebrating Rescue Bun Day on August 11th! Poor sweet baby is still upside-down (well, actually, I guess the problem is that Bun is upside-up...anyway...) so tomorrow morning we will be going in after him/her.

After giving report on my last labor and delivery patient for the next three months, I headed to my last prenatal visit. It was all I could do to keep from crying in the waiting room. Luckily I made it back to a private room before bursting into tears. Danny escaped for about an hour to keep me company, and I am so glad he was there with me. I have had such a wonderful pregnancy. I have loved every kick in the crotch, pinched nerve and middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom. I have loved watching my belly grow as this little human inside me matured each week. I love how my belly button sticks out and how I cannot see the underside of this bump. I love my linea nigra and all of the other changes that have taken place over the last 9 months. And now it is coming to an end.

I have been told that tomorrow will be the best day of my life. It is hard to understand that, though, when you have never experienced it before. I am not sure exactly what parenthood will be like. I know pregnancy and I love it, so in a way it feels like I am giving something up without certainty of what I am gaining. I guess I will have to wait and see. Having a baby is not an experience you can imagine before you actually go through it, I think. It is far to marvelous than that.

So tomorrow morning at 7:40 Danny and I will arrive at the hospital to check in. My C-section is scheduled for 9:40am. After a few cuts and cauterizing, I will get to watch my first born baby rescued feet first and welcomed into this world. Though it is not how I hoped it would happen--in that sterile OR, legs strapped to the table--I know I will never know another day like it. I praise the Lord for this amazing gift that is still far more amazing than I know. Tomorrow it will be real.

When I get the chance, I will post all the important details (name, pictures, etc.). But until then, I am just going to enjoy the sweetest day of our life. Thank you for all your prayers. Now the blogging begins....

2 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Meghan...you've been on my mind all day. Just keep looking into Danny's eyes tomorrow...and Bun will be in your arms in no time!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - those are the words I kept repeating to myself during my last labor...it's amazing how spiritual delivery can be, no matter which way it takes place. Your humbleness is palpable...I admire you so much!

Crystal Oerman said...

I know by now that you have already had your little "bun" and I can't wait to find out if it's a handsome little boy or a beautiful little girl. I'm so glad you had a wonderful pregnancy, most people don't. The whole day I was in labor, that you remember, was so surreal. I don't think it hit me that I was actually a mom and that little person all swaddled up was actually going home with me until we actually left the hospital. I hope your delivery went as well as your pregnancy and I can't wait to hear about it!

Post a Comment