Wednesday, July 29, 2009

what a day...

The first part of this is an update. But be warned! If you are a visual thinker or have a weak stomach, you may want to skip to the next paragraph. For anyone still reading, I lost my mucus plug today! No need to go into details. If you are that curious I am sure you can google it without running into many parental controls. This certainly does not mean I am going to go into labor today or tomorrow, but it is an exciting step toward meeting Bun face to face. HORRAY!

The rest of this posting is not about the baby. Instead it is about God's faithfulness and provision. I have been worrying a lot about all these recent expenses...a $4500 HVAC unit for the upstairs, repairing the washer that doesn't spin, buying the last few [big] things for the baby, new tires, etc. While I love my job as a nurse and wife to a very busy resident, some times the responsibilities of managing a household single-handedly can be overwhelming. Not to mention I have so pretty crazy hormonal imbalances at this stage in the game that are making things a little more exciting.

Today I had a fix-it party. The GE repairman and all the heating and air guys came over for some doughnuts and juice and a lot of dirty work. As the gentleman began working on the washer, reattaching the door, resetting the drum and screwing down a lot of random pieces, I thought I should ask what the damage was going to be. I certainly did not want to spend $400 on repairs when I could just get a new washer and start from scratch. I knew GE charges $85 for the repair man to simply drive to the house--even if he doesn't do anything!

This very kind gentleman walked over to me and said, "For whatever reason, this call is listed as 'under warrenty.' Are you sure you didn't purchage one when you bought the appliance?" For the life of me I could not remember. I was pretty sure that we did not pay for anything beyond the basic because GE appliances are usually trustworthy. Maybe the warrenty is 2 yrs instead of one? I don't know. But either way, he could not charge me for the visit or repairs! I don't know how much I saved today, but it was enough just to know that there is no reason for me to sweat this stuff.

Now if only I could get a warrenty to cover the $4500 HVAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment